At least he was...
Since we have moved to Texas, we are seeing a much different Jared! For example:
- He joined the Rugby Team at the high school, his practices are 3 times a week at 6AM!
- He joined the Debate Team at school, practicing every afternoon. First competition is this weekend. I'm not sure how to dress....
- He works for tips! His job at Chili's has opened his eyes to instant gratification for a job well done.
- He does his homework! It's true... I saw him working on it twice now. Which is more than I witnessed for the past 2 years of high school (I do recall helping him once, so maybe he did do homework before... just not in my presence).
- He ASKED to drive the big Ford Diesel truck to school on Monday, instead of the car. He says bigger trucks are cool now. SEE??? WHO IS THIS KID??!
- Then he brought home stuff for college... he wants to pursue a Political Science degree, says it will help him be president someday. Amen.
I am enjoying this new child that took the place of our old Jared. :) Now if I could just get him to wear his seatbelt & glasses everytime he drives the car he'd be the perfect child.