My mind went back the times when I was a kid & my grandma lit a match, blew it out & laid the hot match-head to the tick & it let go on its own. I quickly thought of Madison with a lit match going towards a hairy dog and decided not to tell her of this procedure. "I'll take care of it when I get home" is what I told her.
Eww..... this thing has been feasting on Quincy for a while. It was the size of a large raisin. Tucked behind his left ear.
Thank goodness for internet. We looked up what to do & Dillon, Jared & I donned laytex gloves & went to work. Minor surgery was performed on our entryway tile and the parasite has been removed! We used a pair of tweezers & alcohol and had a very good patient. He's got a bit of a scabby-hole where the icky thing was but I think he's going to be okay. :)