Friday, May 25, 2007

Adventureland

Yesterday was the Adventureland trip for the Hoover Middle School band and orchestra. Madison is in 7th grade orchestra and she marches with the band in the color guard. It RAINED all day (except about an hour which really doesn't count when it rains for the ENTIRE rest of the day).


I was a chaperone for the trip, but I don't feel like I did a very good job. It was about 55 degrees, rainy & windy. I rode on a few rides with the kids but then I puttered out and went to find somewhere warm to hang out. Despite the weather I did go on the Tornado roller coaster 3 times & the Space Shot once. Madison & her friends rode on 3 different roller coasters tons of times. Because it's so early in the season hardly ANYONE was there you could stay on rides more than once if no one else was in line! That's unheard of!
Madison will march in the "My Waterloo Days" parade next weekend. That's exciting! I'll have to figure out how to work the video to post her marching. Wish me luck on that one.

No comments: