Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mesmerised by History

I flipped on the TV at 10am this morning - very unlike me - but I was looking for some background noise while I cleaned house today. Immediately I was mesmerised by the graphics & original footage of a documentary about World War II.

It was called WII in HD. I watched it for one hour & then it rolled into 2 hours, then 3 hours... I kept thinking the end was going to be in the next hour segment - but finally at 2pm I took a break to run errands & actually get some housework done.

At 5:45 I turned the TV back on and it was STILL ON! It finally ended at 7pm.


I can't believe I watched so much TV - but it was facinating to see History as it was happening - the whole program was actual footage & narration from reporters and soldiers.


If you get the chance to watch it - okay maybe just one hour of it - I recommend it. It will make you appreciate the sacrifice the American soldiers made and how valuable human life is. Wow.

No comments: