Sunday, August 16, 2009

just some stuff

We finally broke down & got a family membership to a local gym, Fitness 19. It's right up the road & the kids love it. We each get a session with the personal trainer who will set us up on a work out routine. I can hardly wait. NOT. Actually I know I need it... so 'no pain - no gain' right?
Speaking of gaining - this has been the image on my kitchen countertop since Dillon's personal trainer experience. Dillon wants to 'Beef Up' for Rugby so this is the new regime. He says it tastes like crap. Why do we do this torture to ourselves??? Why???

Here is a very handsome man in the oil industry I met at the Texas History Museum. We make a cute couple, right?


Okay, so don't freak out... this guy is a cutout picture! We saw this display at the Texas History Museum last month when we went with Damon & Jill & the boys. I thought it was a good idea to show our Texas appreciation to the hard-working fella. :)




I experienced a sad milestone with my car. Yes, the 10-year/100,000 mile warranty expired. Although I've only owned the car for 4 years I am successful at racking the miles up. That's okay... I love my car & will likely buy another Hyundai next time.





With the dry conditions here (read previous post) the snakes have been really making themselves obvious. They are searching for food... this little guy showed up in my neighbor's yard... it's a Red Stripe Ribbon Snake who will get about 18 inces long & eats frogs & fish.




Don't get the idea that I actually LIKE this little snake, I just felt bad for it. For about 3 minutes. Then I ran in the house & hoped that Nick decided to put it out of its misery. Yikes!

No comments: