Wednesday, February 18, 2009

goodbye coleman cooler

As you previously read, Scott & Dillon cleaned out our garage. It goes without saying that there were some casualties. Namely the Coleman Cooler. It suffered a chemical spill inside of it that leaked into an internal crack in the lining. Not good. Not useable anymore.

This cooler has been in my family since I was a little girl. We used to use it to go camping. It's been around a looooongg time. Our family inherited the cooler many years ago when my dad was cleaning out his own garage & probably got a newer Coleman Cooler.

I looked online to see what this little gem would be worth nowadays.
First of all a brand new 'steel belted' 54-quart Coleman Cooler is $219 on the Coleman website! Wow! Here's a picture of what that looks like:

Next I went to Ebay where I searched for a similar cooler to our 'throwaway' version. I finally found one under 'vintage' Coleman coolers. Bids starting at $9.99. Wow.

So sad.

No comments: