Wednesday, September 10, 2008

appreciate what you have

I emerged from the cold, air-conditioned basement of the county's courthouse today. I worked inside all day. It was bright & sunny with warm temps outside. Oh, how I miss seeing the sun & feeling warm!

Monday through Friday we have 2, 3 and sometimes 4 place settings at supper. With Scott being in Houston all week & Jared working til close 3 nights a week, it's rare we all sit together to share the evening meal. I love the weekends when all of us are together for Sunday supper! It's usually a fun time to share what our week was like & laugh with each other.

Today a man came in to obtain his wife's death certificate. She was the same age as me & killed in a car accident. He was very sad, as I'm sure the rest of her family is too. It's important to tell your loved ones just how much they mean to you before you can't.

No comments: