Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I haven't forgot

Hello! I am so sorry that I haven't posted for so long. Seems like I am putting out fires (not real, of course!) everytime I turn around so I am either too tired or too overwhelmed to post.

Just a quick update on stuff we've been doing (and hopefully I can post pics & details later):

We went to my cousin's house in Copperas Cove because my aunt & uncle from Iowa came to visit. So did my couisn & wife from Oklahoma City, cousin from Las Vegas, and my aunt & uncle & cousin from Wimberley. Between the kids & adults we scored 24 people! Oh MY! Great visit!

Madison's 14th b-day came & went. She made out great on 'tax-free' weekend! She used the money her grandma & grandpa sent her + gift cards from Uncle Damon & Aunt Jill to buy up lots of school clothes & much-needed necessities for high school (like a hair straightener).

Scott is still commuting to & from Houston. We have not had luck with recent investors but another round with new investors will start next week. Keep praying that we are in God's will... sometimes I think we fight the obvious (or ignore it).

We've replaced all the tires on my car & 2 tires on the suburban because of road debri in our neighborhood. Yes, that's a whopping $720 on tires. We've petitioned the builder for reimbursement, but doubtful we'll see any compensation. Dang the bad luck!

Scott just had a tooth pulled. He got an infection in his tooth which proved to be a major deal since he just had back surgery 5 months ago. Who'd have thought a tooth ache would affect a spinal fusion?! But it's serious when you've got bone in your body that's recovering from surgery & trying to heal. Ouch!

The kids started school today & all of them seem very happy with only minor set-backs. Dillon is freaked out because his Advanced Placement World History teacher insists a minimum of 1 hour homework each night. Madison is upset because she signed up for 'dance class' for PE & instead they put her in 'Algebra Learning Lab'. What the heck?! And Jared is stressed because he arranged to take Varisty Chorale 2nd period but the typed schedule says World History. When he went to history class, the choir director paged him to come to her classroom, assuring him she'd 'work it out' for him. So he's worried he's in trouble for skipping history already (even though he wasn't). Ahhh... the joys of high school. :)

Oh, and I got the annual county cost-of-living + merit raise, effective Oct. 1. Cool.

No comments: