Monday, March 17, 2008

If we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all

I don't know how to even say this without crying...

There's a possibility Scott's surgery may get cancelled or postponed. He's supposed to have the surgery a week from today.


The doctor assured him last Friday that Scott's high blood sugar was caused by a side-effect from a blood pressure medicine he's taking. A simple change of meds should fix him right up... but they did a blood work-up to find out for sure.

Yep.

He has type 2 diabetes and his triglycerides were TEN TIMES the normal limit. This is very dangerous and long term damage could result in pancreatitis. These problems can be controlled through diet modifications & MORE medicine. If the surgeon believes Scott's health is a risk - he may cancel surgery. We won't know any more until Scott meets with the surgeon in the next few days.

Scott went to fill his new prescriptions for the diabetes & triglycerides and was notified our insurance has been cancelled - cost us $150 for the pills. Ummmm.... according to the insurance company the COBRA insurance would continue with no problems (surgery was fine, prescriptions fine, appointments fine...) & the paperwork should arrive anyday now. The insurance co. sent the paperwork TODAY by mail (my last day of employment was Feb. 29 - Seventeen days ago!). What the heck?!? Why would they wait so long?

They said they should have gotten the papers to us sooner & they would gladly reimburse us any expenses we've incurred. Right. Do you think they'll question a $130,000 back surgery?

My eye is not better.

Linda leaves tomorrow.

Don't even get me started on the kids.

We need some good luck. Soon. Like the lottery or something.

2 comments:

Jill said...

What in the world is going on down there?! It's literally one thing after another. I've never seen anything like it. We are continuing to pray...

Your comment on "don't get me started with the kids" has me curious...hope it's nothing more than the usual aggravations.

We love you guys so much and our hearts are aching to see you going through these trials.

I'll encourage Damon to give you all a call soon - hopefully he can make time tonight.

Love ya.

adharalson said...

Oh, Shelly! I'm so so sorry. I don't know what to say other than we will be praying. {{{hugs}}}