Saturday, January 5, 2008

Macey's paw

We had all the windows & doors open in the house today, which resulted in flying pests getting inside... including a BEE! Macey found the bee & treated it like a fly; by batting it down & pawing at it. Then it stung her paw. OUCH!
I killed it with the flyswatter & Scott sucked it up with the shop-vac which happened to be close by. No more bees. (I hope!)
Scott was on the phone with Ellen while Madison & I were trying to get Macey to put her paw into the kitchen sink of cold water. Ellen suggested caking her paw in mud & letting it dry to pull out the stinger. Good idea, so we tried it. Not sure if it worked since we couldn't find the stinger to begin with... ?? I'm glad Macey isn't a big dog because my arms are tired from carrying her around while the mud dried. Madison & I took turns. Poor Macey!

No comments: