Monday, November 12, 2007

"and the winner is..."

The conclusion to the ongoing saga of "Will Shelly stay at Michaels" or "Will Shelly take a job elsewhere" has reached a grand finale today...
I have accepted a position with Manatron, Inc. I will start on Monday, Nov. 26 as a full-time Support Analyst II! Basically I will provide customer support to County Recorders throughout the U.S. who use Manatron's imaging software for their public records. Sounds sorta complicated as I write it this, but I think I'll be a great asset to Manatron since my background is in public records. I'm looking forward to joining their team. Plus... the benefits are fantastic.... okay Jill, maybe not as sensational as Michaels employee discount... but for almost triple the pay I was making at Michaels, I decided Manatron is a good choice! Yay! Plus I don't have to deal with the Christmas Retail Season... I hear that can by awful... Right Dad?
We're going out tonight to celebrate. Sorry Scott... we're not waiting on ya. :(

2 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Aw man! You let a little thing like triple the pay deter you from the awesomeness that is Michael's?! Well, congrats!

Shelly said...

Thanks, I think.