Monday, October 8, 2007

I owe you all....

I owe you all a big apology for not posting any blog entries, but you gotta hear what's been going on the past 2 weeks. I'm going to try to make this a 'Reader's Digest' version so that you can do something else today besides read this... ;)
Here we go:
Scott has been working in Houston. He started his 4th week there today. He's been staying in cheesy hotels that cost a fortune, so we've been looking for temporary housing for him. So far he's looked at a few apartments... but they're not much better than the hotel. Tonight he'll look at a place we've been in contact with that sounds great for him, so hopefully he'll be able to call somewhere 'home' while he's gone during the week.

Speaking of 'home'.... Many of you know that we've been in the process of building a new home in Round Rock for several months now (see previous posts). The house construction finished in late September & all we needed was to close the sale of our house in Waterloo on Oct. 2. BIG SET-BACK happened when the buyers from our house retracted their offer due to a job-loss. No sale. The timing was terrible (not just for us... poor guy!). We really felt that moving into the new house was not going to happen for us. Not then, not later. Not at all.
Then by the grace of God a miracle happened (thank you for everyone praying for this!! AND my mom & dad!!)... the loan officer working with us was able to pull some strings & creatively finance the loan without the equity from Iowa. YES!! We closed on the NEW house last Friday & we've been moving the past 3 days. WE MOVED!! I will post pics as soon as I can, probably tomorrow. STAY TUNED!

We've been attending Austin Stone Church which has really opened my eyes to the needs of the many. This is in a way I've never experienced before. I feel that God's timing is so perfect for the ups & downs of my life that I can do nothing but praise God for the ups... AND the downs. I know I'm not alone. Ever.

I will likely be making a trip back to Iowa in the next 3 weeks to visit with my mom. She is a WONDERFUL woman who I love very much and is facing a serious surgery in late Oct. I want to be there to encourage her & remind her how important she is to me. A 'growth' on her pancreas is causing concern & the doctors at the University of Iowa will do surgery to remove it. Please pray with me for her strength & quick recovery. It will be a long road for her & I am sad I'm 1000 miles away. :( I love you, mom!!

That's it for now... I'm supposed to be packing the last items at the rental house. I'm not getting very far. Oh well. It's not like I have much to do tomorrow.
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

So glad to hear things are coming together!!! We'll keep praying.