Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A disclaimer from Shelly

First of all let me state this: I have a HUGE pet-peeve when people throw stuff out their windows. Even small things like gum or a cigarette butt really get me going. So it is very RARE I throw anything out the window. There must be a really good excuse, know what I mean?
So a couple of Sundays ago we were on our way to church. It takes us about 25 minutes to get to church so I chewed a piece of gum on the way (nothing worse that morning breath at church). It took an exceptional long time to get to church that morning because there was a marathon going on near the church. Grrrr.... My gum was getting really hard & nasty. So I.... yes.... I did.... I actually rolled down my window & dropped my gum out. I announced to everyone in the vehicle what I was doing, so they didn't think I was hypocritical. I plead that my gum was so nasty (as if I needed permission to dispose of it) that I HAD to get rid of it right then.

As if I didn't feel guilty enough for littering.... Look what was on the side of the truck when we got to church. I am SO guilty! I think it's actually still stuck to the truck. It melted there. Sorry Scott.

1 comment:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I hate those "busted" moments! Although I see that you and I are not too proud to blog about them! It's good to be able to laugh at yourself...I guess.